Tally Ho Conference Centre [Trophy Suite ], Pershore Road, Edgbaston, Birmingham B5 7RN
Our aims are
- To share information and Rotary ideas and thinking in the International perspective and context
- To promote working partnerships [within and beyond our District]
- To guide new and also experienced Rotarians into the challenges and excitements of living out the ‘International’ of Rotary International
- To find and develop new International activists and projects
Our programme will include inspirational speakers from:-
- AC Academy
- Aquabox and demonstration
- Access to Rotary Foundation grant; Paul Beedham – District Foundation Chair
- PCF – Purple Community Fund the District Governor’s Charity for 2018
- F.O.A.G Uganda
- Michael Kingdon from Rotary’s Project Enhancement Team – helping to improve the quality and sustainability of International Service projects
- There will updates from - Tools for Self-Reliance; Bwengu Projects; Shelterbox; Guatemala Literacy Project; Mary’s Meals; Zuri.
We are aware that some clubs have not got an international project happening, we’d like you to share your reasons for that; but we would also like to encourage your club, if you haven’t done so before to ‘dip your toe into the water’ of International Service (IS) projects. IS projects can be exciting, fulfilling, meaningful and it can help someone somewhere towards a better quality of life. They can also be a bit daunting if you don’t know how to go about them. The International Conference could help your club to navigate the way through, so why not send a representative and see if you can help Rotary International to be just that in your club.
The cost to each individual member will be just £3 and includes the coffee and biscuits.
On behalf of District 1060 International Committee we look forward to welcoming you.