ANNUAL BEER FESTIVAL, Event Posponed please see details

Beer Festival postponement


Following recent announcements by the government indicating that restrictions on public events can be expected within the next 2 weeks as part of the containment plan for the coronavirus outbreak we have reluctantly decided to postpone this year’s Beer Festival. Hopefully it can be rescheduled for later in the year dependent upon the lifting of those restrictions.


The event costs in the region of £33000 to stage and is reliant upon sponsors and the public to cover those costs and provide the surplus which Rotary distributes back to the community each year.


Whilst we do carry event cancellation insurance one of the standard exclusions is communicable disease so the policy will not pay out in the event of cancellation due to coronavirus, leaving the organisers personally liable.  Consequently due to the substantial financial risks if, as seems likely, the government imposes restrictions on public events we feel that we have no option but to postpone the Festival. The decision has not be taken lightly and we realise that this will be a great disappointment to our sponsors and those who support the event.


We would like to thank our sponsors and suppliers, including the many breweries, for their invaluable support and look forward to staging the event later in the year.

Alan RobinsonContact Alan Robinson about this page:

(ALL fields required)