CARERS WALES PARTNERSHIP
Here are a few facts:
· Even before the Covid-19 pandemic, there were 487,000 unpaid carers in Wales.
· this has grown to an estimated 683,000 people in Wales which is 1 in 4 adults.
· Unpaid Carers save the Welsh economy £8.1 billion a year which is close to the cost of providing NHS services in Wales.
· In Wales, you are more likely to care than in any other UK nation.
• give expert advice, information and support to carers.
• connect carers so no one has to care alone.
• campaign for lasting change.
How can YOU help?
As a Volunteer Ambassador, you will help Carers Wales connect with carers and promote
awareness of caring within local communities and our Clubs.
These will not be District appointments in the current year. There are definitely no caring responsibilities involved. Working with Carers Wales volunteers and staff, the main purpose is to increase awareness of what Carers Wales offers, boost the profile of Rotary in your community and possibly recruit new Rotary members. This role will be rewarding and very much needed.
Full training and support will be provided. Safeguarding and COVID-19 regulations will be adhered to at all times.
To find out more contact District 1150 Coordinator:
Sue Thomas Rotary Morriston About Sue and the Project
more All our youth activities
more Rotary International in Great Britain and Ireland’s ‘State of the Nation’ report examines social and community issues facing society today.
more Cowbridge Club decided to capture the experiences of Rotarians and their relatives in an illustrated booklet called 'Wartime Memories of Cowbridge Rotarians and their families'.
more Community Service is one of the mainstays of Rotary Service and it helps Rotarians to plan and undertake projects that will help to improve the lives of people of all ages, abilities and diverse needs in our local communities.
more Useful information on Mental Health
more Find out what Vocational Service can offer your club
more Archive of Previous articles and newsletters
more HOW YOU CAN HELP US RAISE MONEY FOR TENOVUS CLOSER TO HOME APPEAL