The following competitions are open to young people from 7-17 years old. Entries for Young Writer, Photographer, Filmmaker and Artist are welcome at any time in the year up to the deadline (usually February half term)
1. Youth Speaks 2022-23. This is for secondary school students. It is open to all schools or scout/guide groups in the Dunmow area.
2. Young Writer 2022-23. This competition is open to anyone from 7-17 years old. Theme: Peace.
3. Young Photographer 2022-23. This competition is open to anyone from 7-17 years old. Theme: The Beauty of Architecture.
4. Young Artist 2022-23. This competition is open to anyone from 5-17 years old. Theme: Sunrise and Sunset.
5. Young Environmentalist 2022-23. This competition is open to anyone from 5-17 years old. Theme: Bio-diversity.
6. Young Filmmaker 2022-23. This competition is open to anyone from 5-17 years old. Theme: My Town.
7. Young Musician 2022-23. This competition is open to anyone from 5-17 years old.
All of these competitions offer winning students the opportunity to go forward to the District and National Competitions. (except infant Young Artist which is only a local competition)
Every year we hold an awards evening in May/June to which teachers and families are invited. All participants get a certificate and the winning entries from all schools get prizes. The overall Dunmow winners get a special prize.
Vocational Support is offered to young people via schools or scout/guide groups, such as:
Feedback on applications for jobs
Support for Young Enterprise Schemes
Sponsorship for Young Leadership course - RYLA
We are also interested in starting up a Rotakids group for younger students.
'What We Do' Main Pages:
Rotary Youth Competitions 2022/23 Young: Artist, Environmentalist, Filmmaker, Photographer & Writer. Closing date for entries is - ** Monday 20th February 2023 **more
The Rotary Clubs of Dunmow & Takeley wish to say THANK YOU to all the Takeley, Little Canfield, Priors Green & Great Dunmow Grange residents who provided such a wonderful welcome to Santa on his tour of the area over the last week.more
The Community Service Committee is responsible for organising events to give direct service to the community OR to raise funds for community groups and charities. Examples include: Father Christmas collections & Community Concerts.more
The Membership Service Committee looks after the welfare of members and recruitment of new members. Committee Chair: Peter Watson.more
The Youth and Vocational Committee organises competitions for young people, with prizes awarded at the end of the year. It supports local schools with vocational and enterprise opportunities.more
The international Service Committee is responsible for our international service, including raising funds for International Charities and Foundation. It organises member's visits and exchange programmes.more
Add your feedback/comments about this page