Ways & Means Activites
The Club Tent assembled and ready for action at one of our local fund-raising venues
The Ways & Means Team are the main fund-raisers. We staff all the fund-raising events whether for the club itself or events for other local organisations to keep a footprint of awareness in the local community. In addition, we keep an inventory of the Club Equipment, ensuring it is in good repair, replacing it as necessary, appropriate for each event and transported to the right place, at the right time.
We form a Rapid Reaction Group to respond to any requests for support for fund-raising from local organisations at short notice.
Our main Club fund-raising events are:
Dice game at Aboyne, Aberdeen and Ballater Highland Games, the Braemar Gathering and the Tarland Agricultural Show.
- Bag Packing at the Aboyne and Ballater Co-ops.
- Golf Charity Day at Aboyne Golf Club.
In addition we support local organisations such as:..
- Running a BBQ at the annual Aboyne Bonfire/Firewoks night
- Selling tickets for the "Archie" Christmas Car Raffle both locally and in Aberdeen
- Running Quiz Nights
- Fund-raising by means of a "bucket collection" at the Aboyne Highland Games car park, half of which goes to the Games Committee.
For 2018-19 the Ways and Means Team continue to arrange staffing for the
Club’s fund raising events and provide the necessary logistic support,
continuing the long standing tradition for our dice game at the local Highland
Games, Gathering and shows at Aboyne, Ballater, Tarland and Braemar
The team are, as always, reliant on the willingness of the members and friends to support these many events and are grateful for those many who give their time willingly for these.”