Then perhaps becoming a ‘Friend of Rotary’ is the answer. Members of the public, both men and women, who have a concern and interest in helping others, can become ‘Friends of Rotary’ and, by sharing in the work of Stroud Rotary Club, support their local community.
‘Friends’ will be kept informed of the club activities, via email and a page on our website, and will be invited to various meetings which are appropriate to community activities.
No membership fees are payable and there is also an opportunity to attend some of the social activities of the club and make new friends, not just with members but also other ‘Friends’.
Our ‘Friends’ will benefit from the following:
* Opportunity to make a difference; contributing something to the community
* Supporting the community and Rotary in areas of their interest; even if their time is limited
* Enjoyment from making new friends and taking part in a safe and friendly environment
* Using your skills and experience that are valuable and needed in our community
* Having fun whilst making a difference and helping to raise money for good causes
'What We Do' Main Pages:
The Stroud Rotary - Covid-19 Fund has delivered small grants QUICKLY and without any admin costs to local community and volunteer groups as well as small charities SPECIFICALLY to deal with Covid-19.more
The Let’s Hear Stroud campaign aims to enhance hearing in public places by empowering local people to improve hearing experiences for themselves and other hearing aid users when visiting high street retailers, banks, council offices, cinemas, churches etcmore