We use Zoom online meeting software for members of the club to meet or discuss projects. Meetings are scheduled for the first Sunday and third Tueesdays of the month commencing at 7.00pm (GMT).
At other times the meeting facility is open for use by members of the club.
When we are meeting using Zoom a few guidelines and rules need to be followed to use the time effectively.
1. Please logon to the meeting early to ensure that audio and video are set up correctly and to give the meeting host an opportunity to check the audio levels at your end. Also gives you a chance to chat to other members before the meeting officially starts.
2. During presentations all participants apart from the speaker will be muted. Should you wish to ask a question please either 'raise your hand' or send a chat message to the meeting host and unmute your microphone.
3. Should the presenter wish to share their screen press “Share Screen” and select the application to share.
4. Please note that the meetings may be recorded for fellow members to view at a later date.
5. Please have your microphone muted until it’s your turn to speak. If you have no need to speak, and you haven’t already been muted by the presenter, mute yourself.
To use Zoom some setup may be needed beforehand.
In order to take part in an online meeting you will require a device with speakers and microphone. Additionally a webcam will enable us to see your face. Modern smartphones, tablets, laptops and desktop computers can all be used. These should be set up according to the instructions that came with the device.
1. Download Zoom is you don't already have the app https://zoom.us/support/download (versions are also available for Apple and Android devices)
2. Launch the application, which, if required, will install Zoom on your local machine.
3. Select “Join a Meeting”
(Alternative route: Select Sign In then Join.. from the Home Screen)
4. Enter the following meeting ID: 359-226-4792 and enter your name in the fields provided. Tick Remember my name for future meetings, leave “Don’t connect to audio” unticked.
5. You will be given the option of joining the meeting audio either by phone or computer. If joining by computer take the opportunity to test your audio and video.
6. You should have now joined the meeting. Enjoy.
For more information please view the Zoom Website (https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/categories/200101697-Getting-Started)