About MKGU Rotary Club - a 2 minute guide. Look here to find out more about MKGU Rotary Club and what it's all about...
Your 2-Minute guide to Rotary Club of Milton Keynes Grand Union (MKGU)
What is Rotary? It is a worldwide organisation with 1.2million members but most activities are organised by local clubs
What is MKGU? It is a very active local club with 28 members. The members are active locally (& at times internationally) by organising events, raising (and distributing) money for charity or just by providing help in the community
How does MKGU make a difference? Here are a few great examples:
· Our biggest fundraiser – and greatest amount of fun – is organising an overseas 500-mile team cycle challenge that raises about £80k annually
· Community projects include creating a garden at Medical Detection Dogs and at MK University Hospital, creating an outdoor area for a young person with cerebral palsy and we provide student bursaries
· We provide help to local charities/organisations eg we help marshal Willen Hospice Midnight Moo, we arrow the route of the Willen Hospice Ride for Willen, we manage a drinks station on the MK Marathon
· Overseas we have orchestrated a major drainage system in Bakau, The Gambia to remove water that causes malaria and other serious diseases (first year reduction of over 70% in malaria cases)
· We actively support Rotary International’s campaign to eradicate Polio
· We support local youth and schools projects
· We hold many social events for members and their families, including quiz nights, walks, charity race nights, fun golf evenings etc.
We believe that enthusiastic groups can achieve more than individuals. If you want to help others, contact us and come and join our activities.
We have many interesting speakers at our weekly Thursday evening Zoom meetings. Meetings commence informally from 6.30 for a casual chat. At 7pm we welcome all members and guests and introduce our speaker. Our meetings end at 8pm.
Contact us in advance to request a Zoom invite to sample our hospitality and help to make a difference.
Ø Ask any member of MKGU Rotary and come along and get involved.
Ø Or search mkgu-rotary.org.uk and enquire through the Contact page.