Things you can get involved with...
Here's a glimpse of what we do...
Covid: In response to the Covid crisis we have established a last-resort emergency fund to help families in significant distress. Families must be referred to the fund by a professional 3rd party. If you would like to donate to this fund please contact us.
We organise fund raising events in our community
- Spirit of Hitchin Gin Festival
- Hitchin Wine and Food Festival
- Hitchin Hard Half Marathon
- Bric-a-brac, cakes, food sales, bucket shakes
We use these funds to help other charities deliver their services. For example
- Hitchin Samaritans
- Tilehouse Counselling
- Cancer HairCare
- Growing People
- Hitchin Food Partnership
- Stand By Me
We help out in the community
- Bucket shaking
- Moving stuff for people who need help
- Gardening and edible spaces
- Helping other charities
We enjoy social events, make new friends and have fun together.
We work with Rotary Clubs in other countries on humanitarian projects.
- Haiti - providing clean water for 2 villages after the earthquake funded by Rotary Foundation
We have our own charity called the Rotary Foundation which funds local and international projects in these action areas:
- Preventing disease
- Providing clean water
- Supporting education
- Growing local economies
- Saving mothers & children
- Promoting peace
- Sustainable environment