About the event
The annual Charity Run is a VIRTUAL event organised by Burnham Beeches Rotary in which anyone can take part. This year the funds raised will be used to help those affected by the ongoing
conflict in Ukraine.
to runners and walkers, of all ages abilities, individuals, groups and
families. This is your opportunity to participate in an organised event,
have some fun, and raise much needed money for needy causes at this
Every entrant will get one of our fantastic 'Running Tree' medals!
If you are able, we would really appreciate it if
you could make an extra donation to support the Ukraine appeal.
How to take part
- Enter on the EventEntry website (up until 31st August)
- The Event is open to anyone (under 16's must be accompanied by a responsible adult)
- Entry fees - £10 for adults and £5 for children and dogs(!) - Online only
- You must register to enter the Event in order to request a medal
- Additional donations can be made at Registration
- Donate when registering
or via our Charities Aid Foundation (CAF) page where you can
set up a fundraising page for your cause.
How to get your medal
- Run or walk anytime during July and August on your own or in a family group
- Distance - no rules, but we suggest 1K to 10K (more if you want!)
- Use any route not just in the UK! Wherever you take part please follow the guidance below.
- Maximum entries - 350 competitors
- Send details of your completed effort to firstname.lastname@example.org by 7th September 2022
- This could be a screenshot from your smartphone, a photo, or just an email setting out the date, time and the distance covered
- Send photos of competitors for us to post to social media and our website – but only if you want to!
- We'll send you one of our beautiful enamel medals (allow up to 10 days for delivery)
- Claim your 10% discount when you buy from Runners' Retreat on production of your medal.
Many local residents are helping those displaced
from their homes as a result of the Ukraine conflict by accommodating families
and individuals in and around Burnham, the Farnhams and surrounding areas.
However, there are millions still in Ukraine who are homeless and in urgent
need of shelter, food, clothing and medical assistance. The money raised from
the Run and your donation will go directly to charities and organisations who
supporting those people most affected.
If you would like to make a donation you can do so when you Register or via our Charities Aid Foundation page where you can also set up your own fundraising page
Safety and Government Covid-19 guidelines
participants are expected to take part in a safe environment and follow
the latest Government guidelines to ensure the safety of themselves and
JOIN US in what we hope will be a fun event and an opportunity for aspiring or experienced athletes to participate in an event and add a Beeches Run Medal to your collection. Good luck!
- Choose a route unlikely to inconvenience members of the public
- Don't run/walk in groups of more than six people
- Tell people where you are going
- Carry emergency details with you
- Think about how you will stay hydrated
- If you have any health concerns about beginning an exercise regime we suggest you consult your GP first.
would like to thank the following for their very generous sponsorship
of this event and for their ongoing support of Burnham Beeches Rotary
over many years. Please support them whenever you can.