HOME & AWAY TEAM OBJECTIVES FOR 2021-2022
In the new world we are now entering, the opportunities for international projects in the immediate future are limited and the Club has agreed that, for the present, the efforts of the International Committee should be included with those of the existing Community & Vocational Committee to form a new and expanded Home & Away Team.
This team will continue to look at ways to benefit the wider community, both at home and abroad, and raise funds to do this.
Initially the focus will be to support local projects hardest hit by the pandemic but we will also look at longer term projects wider afield.
For 2021-22 our Team will :-
• Continue to maintain the Rotary Garden at Whitchurch Hub
• Maintain the three planters in Whitchurch and Tongwynlais Villages
• Continue to support Bryn Celyn, Tongwynlais and Peter Lea Primary schools in consultation with the teaching staff
• Present suitable learning materials to children in Bryn Celyn, Tongwynlais and Peter Lea Primary schools, in part funded by a District Grant.
• Undertake assisted reading at both Grangetown and Bryn Celyn Primary schools once it is safe to do so.
• Continue to support the Paradise Run, the Huggard Centre, Northlands Life House (Salvation Army) and Brekflex with donations of food, clothing and other essentials as requested on a regular basis
• Continue to support and distribute Message in a Bottle (MIAB) via local pharmacies and stores.
• Continue to support and contribute to the Whitchurch & Tongwynlais 2021 Mini Festival (27-30th August) including organising the Duck Race and running a tombola stall at the Festival Fete.
• Continue to support the Kiva Microfinance initiative
• To explore the opportunity to support an International project
• To respond to disasters and crises, both at Home and Away
• To help with the organisation and running of the annual fund raising Quiz
• To organise one additional fund raising event (sponsored walk)