Club Service Committe
Club Service Committee is a key part of Hornchurch&UpminsterRotary Club's organisation. Under the leadship of the Senior Vice-President, it plans and organises the day to day running of the Club and its membership.
While Club Council is responsible for the general oversight of the Club andthe specific activities of the Club relating to Community, Vocational and International activities are the responsibility of the Club Service Committees (see the separate pages of this website for details of these committees), it is the Club Service that is responsible for the 'heart' of the Club.
- The welfare of members and their families
- The encouragement of other members of our local community to become members of Hornchurch&UpminsterRotary Club and thus join the worldwide Rotary movement
- The planning of the Club meetings, including the selection of speakers on a wide variety of local and international topics as well as the monthly business meetings
- The selection and supervision of the regular Club venue and its provision of accommodation and meals
- Arranging visits to other Rotary Clubs in our District 1240, covering Essex and part of Greater London and Hertfordshire
- Working closely with our fellow Rotary Clubs in Havering - Romford Rotary Club, and Havering East Rotary Club - through the Havering Rotary Inter-Club Group (see separate entry on this website for the Inter-Club Group)
- The planning and organisation of Club social events involving Club members, their families and friends