The aims of our International Committee are:
- To support our own and District international projects
- To monitor the international situation and respond to events
- To seek opportunities for partnerships to address global issues
- To grow in understanding through international collaboration and by engaging with visiting scholars
- To explore new and to reinforce existing ties with international charities
Schemes that we have recently supported or are currently supporting include:
Aquabox: a robust plastic tank packed with water purification tablets, each box can purify up to 1100 litres of polluted water
Shelterbox: an emergency life saving box containing a tent, bedding, tools, cooking utensils, a children's activity pack, etc. One box and its contents can provide shelter for up to 10 people.
Lend with Care: Microfinance giving a hand up not a hand out
Freedom from Fistula: Healing obstetric fistula caused by prolonged, obstructed childbirth through surgery
Hope and Homes for Children: Help for Children in Africa
Mercy Ships: Hospital ships to provide vital free health care to people in need maily in developing countries
The picture shows the demonstration of a shetlterbox.