Object of Rotary
The Object of Rotary is to encourage and foster the ideal of service as a basis of worthy enterprise and, in particular, to encourage and foster:
· FIRST: The development of acquaintance as an opportunity for service;
· SECOND: High ethical standards in business and professions; the recognition of the worthiness of all useful occupations; and the dignifying of each Rotarian’s occupation as an opportunity to serve society;
· THIRD: The application of the ideal of service in each Rotarian’s personal, business, and community life;
· FOURTH: The advancement of international understanding, goodwill, and peace through a world fellowship of business and professional persons united in the ideal of service.
The Four-Way Test
The Four-Way Test is a nonpartisan and
nonsectarian ethical guide for Rotarians to use for their personal and
professional relationships. The test has been translated into more than 100
languages, and Rotarians recite it at club meetings:
Of the things we think, say or do
1. Is it the TRUTH?
2. Is it FAIR to all concerned?
3. Will it build GOODWILL and BETTER FRIENDSHIPS?
4. Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?
Avenues of Service
We channel our commitment to service at home and abroad through five Avenues of Service, which are the foundation of club activity.
· Club Service focuses on making clubs strong. A thriving club is anchored by strong relationships and an active membership development plan.
· Vocational Service calls on every Rotarian to work with integrity and contribute their expertise to the problems and needs of society.
· Community Service encourages every Rotarian to find ways to improve the quality of life for people in their communities and to serve the public interest.
· International Service exemplifies our global reach in promoting peace and understanding. We support this service avenue by sponsoring or volunteering on international projects, seeking partners abroad, and more.
· Youth Service recognizes the importance of empowering youth and young professionals through leadership development programs.
'What We Do' Main Pages:
Rotary is one of the world's largest and most successful global membership and humanitarian service organisations, with 1.2 million members in over 200 countries. Rotary Club members all follow the Guiding Principles as set out by Rotary International.more
We welcome visits to our meetings by fellow Rotarians and prospective members. Please register your visit below so we can notify the hotel or activity organiser of numbers. We look forward to meeting you.more