around the world
Making a real difference in local communities around the world.
Our international activities are concentrated on a few key projects and communities where we feel we can make a real difference. Combining with other Rotary Clubs has also been a vital ingredient in the achievement of bigger projects.
Ongoing projects include:-
- clean water for over 30,000 people in the Namatala slum, Mbale, Uganda by the provision of Grifaid water filters.
- renovation of a Jaipur Limb workshop in Jinja, Uganda.
- sponsorship of a primary school in Chipata, Zambia via Mary’s Meals which provides a daily nourishing meal for each pupil.
- responding to disaster appeals by donations to ShelterBox.
- fundraising for Rotary Foundation and End Polio Now.
Recently completed projects include:-
- 30 plus eRanger motorcycle ambulances sent to Mbale, Uganda.
- building a playground for the Child of Hope School in Namatala, Mbale.
- the financing of 4 Jaipur Limb camps in Kerala in 2018.