for young people
We aim to encourage young people to maximise their talents and make a contribution to their local communities.
Our Club supports a number of nationally organised Rotary Youth projects.
- Rotary Young Leadership Awards - this is an intensive experience where you develop your skills a leader while having fun and making connections. Our aim is to sponsor one candidate a year.
- Young Writer – encouraging pupils from local schools to enter a written piece on a set subject for this competition.
- Youth Speaks – sponsoring a team from Beauchamp College in Oadby in this public speaking competition.
- Young Environmentalist – a new award which ties in well with our Plastic Free Oadby campaign.
- Rotary Stars – recognising and rewarding schoolchildren for acts of good citizenship.