Rotary Club of Senlac Young Covid Hero Award Privacy Notice
[For the purpose of this privacy notice, Rotary International in Great Britain & Ireland (RIBI) also includes Rotary clubs and districts and their members. The use of the term ‘you’, ‘your’ also means that of your child where the competition/award Nominee is a minor, i.e. under the age of 18 years or 18 years of age and over but not legally eligible to give consent].
Members of Rotary International in Great Britain and Ireland (“we”) value the trust you put in us to process your personal information and will always be open and honest about the information we collect and how we will use it. We will never do anything with your personal information that you wouldn’t reasonably expect us to in relation to Awards and we will always take every effort to protect your privacy.
The RIBI Privacy Notice is available on our website, www.rotarygbi.org, and explains how we collect, process and share personal information. This ‘Privacy Notice –Awards is supplementary to the general RIBI Privacy Notice and explains in more detail how you can expect your personal information to be specifically used in relation to the Youth Competition/Award events.
How we use your personal information for Youth Competitions/Awards
1. We are collecting your personal information (and that of your nominee if a minor, or not legally eligible to give consent) for the organisation and administration of the Awards only, it will not be used for any other purpose.
2. Club may use your personal information to make contact with you to discuss public relation opportunities and will gain your specific consent at that time for the use of your information, such as photographs/interviews for newspaper articles, club websites, social media etc. Where the nominee is a minor, or not legally eligible to give consent, only the parent/guardian will be contacted.
Providing your personal information to others for Youth Competitions/Awards
3. The personal information will only be shared with others that require it for their role/the services they provide for the organisation and administration of the Award..
4. It may be necessary to share some of your information with third parties such as providers of venue hire and catering services. Under such circumstances only the minimum amount of information for the third-party service will be provided, i.e. for caters, only the name and allergy/special dietary requirement will be disclosed, no other information.
5. Those individuals and organisations that have access to the personal information are also bound by the RIBI Privacy Notice.
Retaining and deleting your personal information
6. All reasonable steps will be taken by those concerned to ensure the personal information they have access to be kept securely and will not be shared with anyone who does not have a legitimate reason to have access to it in relation to the organisation and administration of the awards.
7. Personal information will be kept on file for 3 months after the date of the Presentation evening. After this date, the information will be securely destroyed (either by shredding, incineration or deletion from electronic devices) at club, district and at the Rotary Support Centre. This timeframe is necessary to allow for any disputes to be settled before the personal information is destroyed.
'What We Do' Main Pages:
All those nominated are truly remarkable youngsters and you can read their story here. This article is an absolute must-read, highlighting the lengths young people go to help their family in times of need.more
Club meetings are currently taking place each week using Zoom. Rotary is an organisation for building meaningful connections and growing your network of friends and fellow volunteers. New members are always welcome.more