Young Artist 2020-21
Annual Rotary competition to encourage interest in art
The following is an extract. Please click here to download full information pack (TO SET)
THEME – 'WILD NATURE’
The Young Artist Competition is competition organised and promoted by Rotary International in Great Britain and Ireland (Rotary GB&I).
There are three stages to the competition, each designed to support and encourage the development of artistic skills. Some stages may have more than one round.
Aims and Objectives
The competition aims to encourage young people to:
- be creative
- develop skills in using traditional or contemporary media
- demonstrate interpretation of the topic
- express personal ideas through a selected medium
Who can take part?
The competition is open to all schools and college communities and those who are home educated, along with any other young peoples’ community organisations, for example, community RotaKids, community Interact, Scout Groups, Girl Guides.
There are three age groups:
- Junior: 7 to 10 years old
- Intermediate: 11 to 13 years old
- Senior: 14 to 17 years old
Entrants must not be over the upper age parameter for each group on 31 August 2020.