‘Cast-Off to Catwalk’, Fashion Challenge
Are you interested in helping to save the Planet by recycling clothes, in supporting local Charity Shops as well as being fashionable? Then this is the challenge for you!
The idea is that you get together an outfit of your choice by purchasing clothes & accessories from local Charity Shops. You then come along to the ‘Cast-off to Catwalk’ Challenge and model your outfit in front of our judges. There will be prizes for a selection of categories including:
Best Outfit in Show.
Best Youth’s Outfit.
Best Group entry.
Best Outfit for Under £10.
Most Creative Outfit.
You can model your outfit individually or if you prefer, in groups of up to 5.
So why not give it a go and come along for an evening of Fashion and Fun!
The Event will be held on: Wednesday April 27th, 2022.
Venue: The Light & Life Church, Water-Ma-Trout, Helston TR13 0LW.
Rules for Entering
1. All entrants must be aged 12 or above. Entrants under 18 must have consent of a parent or guardian.
2. Entrance Categories:
· Individual Youth Section: Ages 12-17 inclusive, entrants can model alone or with up to 4 friends/fellow entrants.
· Individual Open Section: Ages 18 and over, entrants can model alone or with up to 4 friends/fellow entrants.
3. Group Section: up to 5 people can model together & will be judged as a group e.g. a group of friends, members of a Club or organisation, families.
4. All clothes and accessories modelled must have been purchased in Charity shops (charity shop footwear optional)
5. Entrants must record the total amount spent on their outfits on the receipt list below and bring this along with the receipts for all items purchased with them to the Event.
6. Models should arrive at the Event already wearing their chosen outfit.
7. Entrants can either model individually on the catwalk or in groups of up to 5.
8. Children of any age can model in a family group, but the group must include at least one adult aged18 or above.
9. Entry for contestants in the Challenge is free.
10. Audience tickets are £2.50 each, £1.00 for under 16s. (All profits will be donated to Charity). Tickets can be purchased at the Fishermen’s Mission Shop, Helston or at the door on the night.
11. Entry forms can be downloaded below, via our Facebook page or obtained from local Charity Shops.
Completed Entry Forms should be posted to Caroline Hemsworth, Leat Edge, Coverack Bridges, Helston TR13 0LX, dropped off at the Fishermen’s Mission Shop, 5 Coinage Hall St, Helston TR13 8US or emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org Entries must be received by 20th April 2022.
The entry forms, rules and receipt list are available here to download and completereceipt_list.pdf
'What We Do' Main Pages:
Fatima, the porcelain cow, makes an appearance every month or so at a club meeting. The "winner" from the previous month has to run a short competition to see who keeps Fatima for the following month.more
Cornwall's Charity Fashion Show Challenge. A charity Fund raiser in conjunction with the Fishermen's Mission and other Rotary Charities. The challenge is to design a striking and unique outfit sourced from goods from any local charity shop.more
Working with the Rotary Club of Quito Norte were applying for a Global Grant to support the education and wellbeing of street children in Quito Ecuador. Due to Covid we have scaled this back to a District Grant application.more