Club Council is the governing body of the Club in accordance with the Constitution and Club By-laws. The Rotary year runs from 1 July to 30 June.
Roles and Responsibilities:-
- Review the programme and policies of the Club to ensure effective implementation and continued relevance.
- Consider potential candidates for membership - Inform the proposer of a decision regarding membership, through the Club secretary, within 30 days.
- Consider new and creative ways to promote the Object of Rotary.
- Assess current trends in the community and the world and evaluate how the Club can pursue its goals in regard to these trends.
- Decide such committees as may be considered necessary, subject to Club approval.
- Keep the whole club up to date with planning and budget decisions.
- Reflect RI, Rotary GB&I and District objectives and policies in Club activity.
Council is made up of the Club Officers plus up to six elected members (usually committee chairs) including webmaster.
Committee chairs attend Council Meetings to give reports and contribute to discussions. Other Club members may attend meetings as required.
The current committees are Community Vocation, International & Foundation, Youth Service, Membership.
Council meets approximately 6 times a year.
Council Minutes are forwarded to members.