Community Service Grants applications
Glossop Rotary Club Grants information and application forms
The Rotary Club of Glossop annually raises money from its fund raising events for its Trust Fund (a registered charity); awards can be made from this Fund to Glossopdale based charities and good causes. Good causes include, but are not restricted to; charities, organisations working with young people, schools, and individuals experiencing disadvantage. No one in the Rotary club receives payment for this activity.
The criteria for grant awards :
• Individual projects or specific one-off items which need funding; note we cannot commit to support continuing activities or activities which require constant maintenance;
• Activities which are of clear, defined benefit to the Glossopdale community;
• Activities for young people which are character forming and if carried out abroad are of benefit to the host nation;
• Of very specific benefit to an individual experiencing disadvantage where other funding sources are inadequate.
Projects that are not generally supported are:
• Projects that have a political element;
• Contributions to a general fund which although of overall benefit are used for a wide variety of non-specific projects or ongoing maintenance;
• National organisations where there is little or no local specific involvement.
Please note : As the money which we donate is from charitable funds, we have to take considerable care that it is used appropriately and have to provide a financial statement each year to the Charity commission. Accordingly, we may ask questions or require guarantees that at first sight may seem excessive. However, this is simply part of our effort to comply with the requirements of a charitable fund to act for the public benefit.
To apply for Grant Funding please complete the attached Grant Application Form and return to: Gill Redfern at firstname.lastname@example.org
To request an application form please contact Gill Redfern at email@example.com