Did you know...
· Rotary International is a world-wide service organisation. It was founded in 1905 and is recognised as the world’s first volunteer service organisation
· There are 1.2 million Rotarians world-wide, in more than 34,000 Rotary clubs in over 200 countries
· Rotarians are men and women of all ages and backgrounds who join us either as volunteers or members or both.
· A Rotarian’s commitment is to Service Above Self, and they volunteer their service in support of communities at home and abroad to support education and job training, provide clean water, combat hunger, improve health and sanitation, and eradicate polio
· In partnership with the World Health Organisation and with financial support from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation since 1985, Rotarians have been active in helping to rid the world of polio. That job is very, very close to completion
· There are 1,500 Rotarians in Devon in 50 Rotary clubs.
Rotary gives you the opportunity to give something back, give hope to communities and make lives worthwhile and fulfilled.- Rotarians have fun and make new friends at the same time. Members are all in agreement that Rotary opens doors to a better world.
'What We Do' Main Pages:
Torquay Rotary Club is now part of the school 'families' at both Barton Hill Academy and Ellacombe Academy.more
Torquay harbourside probably around 1930 First meeting place of the Rotary Club of Torquay, September 1920. The building is now known as Harbour Pointmore