Again we have had a year of great uncertainty but we do now seem to be entering a more optimistic period. So it is time to book some fun for the end of the year by entering the iconic Marlow Santa’s Fun Run – as ever organised by the Rotary Clubs of Marlow.
In these challenging times we wish to recognise the fact that many people still have deep reservations about large scale events – so this year we will offer two entry options:
* OPTION 1 – join us on Sunday 5th December for the traditional run through the streets of Marlow
* OPTION 2 – or organise your own “self-managed” event over the weekend of 4th/5th December.
Of course this event is very much about raising money for charity. In 2019 we (you!) exceeded £50,000 for the first time and even in the disrupted and “remote” 2020 event we exceeded £30,000. So join us in our aim to exceed £60,000 from all sources in 2021! We have enough Santa Suits for around 3000 entrants (with little suits for children over 5 years old) and all we need now is for you to get your team together and put your entry in.
This year we have made a few other changes designed to make life easier and to encourage teams to support their favourite charities. These are:
* An improvement over the rather “clunky” entry payment process. We now take payment via Visa, Mastercard and AMEX
* If you wish to raise additional money (as a team) for Rotary selected charities you can do this by simply using this link www.goldengiving.com/fundraising/marlowsantasfunrun Share the link with your team and with every one you know!
* However you and your team can now more easily raise money for your own chosen charity – with 100% going to your choice (see website for further information)
* And to help you, some of our sponsors have generously helped us to create a “Charity Pool”. This means that should your team raise £500 or more for your preferred charity that charity will also receive a share of the Pool. We are able to guarantee a minimum of £5000 to be shared - again see the website for the “rules”
Yet again the event centres on Marlow – but “mini-events” can take place anywhere in the UK – indeed anywhere in the World!
We reduced our prices a little last year. We have not increased them this year.
The website is now open, and fully explains the changes made. Entries can now be made at www.santasfunrun.org
The Rotary Clubs of Marlow are again making a big leap of faith here – seeking wide support from the local community and the fantastic support of our sponsors has really helped. Lead Sponsor, the Shanly Foundation, has repeated its fantastic support and website and in the event programme.
So what to do now?
Please look at the website and start to get your teams together or of course run solo! (If you are entering a large team it is much easier if you get most of the names together and enter them in one go – but you can add names at a later date).
This year the lead charities are Thames Valley Air Ambulance (TVAA) and Young Minds. TVAA needs little introduction whilst Young Minds is a very active national charity supporting mental health challenges with younger people.
As always, a host of other charities (mainly local) will benefit. Rotary distributes every single penny of the money raised - so go to www.santasfunrun.org and get started!
'What We Do' Main Pages:
We may have been restricted but what we could do as Rotarians didn’t change. Since March 2020 the Club has stepped up to the mark helping people in need, fund raising and providing emotional support.more