Rotary Disability Games (Bradford) 2020
Sun 30th May 2021 at 08.30 - 16.30
Unfortunately the first Disability Games (Bradford) have had to be postponed until some time in the future because of the current Coronavirus pandemic. We will arrange a new date as soon as possible.thumbnail view
Rotary District 1040, includes clubs across Yorkshire, North
Lincolnshire & Humberside. We already hold a highly successful
Disability Games in Hull. This year we are organising the first of an
annual event in Bradford.– a free Fun Day for those with disabilities. This event is being led by the Rotary Club of Bradford Bronte with support from RC Bingley, RC Bingley Airedale and RC Bradford Blaize as well as other clubs in the Bradford Area and adjoining areas such as Calderdale and Kirklees. Additional support is being given by Bradford Disability Sports and Leisure a registered charity and from some students at Leeds Carnegie School of Sport.
There will be 8 events with 2 age categories - 9 to 16 years and 16+. Winner trophies will be awarded to Male and female competitors in each event. The events are: -
- Wheelchair Race - Dash
- Wheelchair Race - Slalom
- Freestyle Swimming
- Table Tennis
- Cricket Nets
It is also hoped to do demonstrations of some other sports such as Basketball and Wheelchair Rugby.
- We are working with local disability organisations and the event
will be held at Bradford Grammar School on Sunday 31st May 2020. As part
of the day we will produce an event guide
to name all the competitors and also all the sponsors. The deadline for registering entries is 1 May 2020.
- Would you like to be a part of this as a competitor?
- Would you like to be a part of this as a sponsor? - Money will help to fund ALL the competitors with T-Shirts, Winner Trophies and much more.
- There are other ways to be involved:
• Bring a team with disabilities, as competitors.
• Volunteer on the day.
• Help set up the evening before/after the event.
• Act as referees for the sports.
The timetable for the day is: -
- 8:30am Registration Opens
- 9:00 to 9:10 Health and Sagfety Briefing
- 9:15 Official Opening
- 9:15 to 14:30 Senior Boccia, Senior Kurling, Table Tennis, Darts and Cricket
- 9:30 to 12:30 Swimming
- 10:30 to 13:30 Junior Kurling
- Noon Lunch
- 12:00 to 13:00 Junior Boccia
- 14:45 to 15:45 Wheelchair Events
- 16:00 Awards Ceremony
- 16:30 to 16:35 Closing Speech
If you are wanting to participate you might be interested in the following documents. Each document will open when you click on the link:
- Roles and Responsibilities of Team Manager
- Team Manager's Decleration
- Entry Form, Medical Details and Consent Form
- Sponsorship Guidelines
Want to know more? Then contact Anne Griffinn at: -