The Rotary Club of Barton-le-Clay vision is to continually be a high profile, dynamic service organisation within the Central Bedfordshire locality, actively involved in worthwhile community
and international projects, which make a difference in the lives of all involved.
To support this vision the club’s core values reflect those of Rotary International, which are:
- Service – We believe that our service activities and programs bring about greater world understanding and peace. Service is a major element of our mission. Through the club’s
plans and actions, we create a culture of service throughout our organization that provides unparalleled satisfaction for those who serve.
- Fellowship – We believe that individual efforts focus on individual needs, but combined
efforts serve humanity. The power of combined efforts knows no limitation, multiplies resources, and broadens our lives and perspectives. Fellowship leads to tolerance and transcends racial, national, and other boundaries.
- Diversity – We believe Rotary unifies all people internationally behind the ideal of service.
We encourage diversity of vocations within our membership and in our activities and service work.
- Integrity – We are committed to and expect accountability from our leaders and fellow members, both in the results of our efforts and in the processes we use to accomplish our goals. We adhere to high ethical and professional standards in our work and personal relationships. We are fair and respectful in our interactions, and we conscientiously steward the resources entrusted to us.
- Leadership – We are a global fellowship of individuals who are leaders in their fields of endeavor. We believe in the importance of leadership development and in leadership as a quality of our members. As Rotarians, we are leaders in implementing our core values.