World Environment Day Countdown Calendar
In celebration of the World Environment Day on 5th June 2021, our calendar aims to encourage everyone in D1260 (Beds, Bucks & Herts) to undertake some activities with a positive impact on our local community environment - to think globally and act locally!
In order to achieve this target and help in protecting our planet, we invite participants to complete one activity per two weeks from the list of activities on the calendar (or your own activity choice), between 22nd March 2021 and 5th June 2021 (total 6 activities).
Example of activities include: going for a walk or cycling at least every other day; buying goods free from plastic wrapping - a no plastic two weeks; turning thermostat down one degree; litter picking once a week in your local community; building a compost heap in own garden to recycle household food waste; planting an insect-loving tree or volunteering with a tree planting project; buying refillable products and using refill outlets; taking a photo of a native tree, some spring flowers, or birds or other wildlife; replacing light bulbs with LEDs; watching an environmentally-related documentary; feeding the birds or putting a bug house in the garden; having a meat free week or vegan week; filling one bag for a Charity shop etc.
All activities are considered Covid-safe and should provide inclusivity, taking account of participants from different age groups, mobility difficulties, etc. On completion of each activity, participants will be asked to complete a quick online form to register their activity at HERE.
Make the World Environment Day a fun opportunity to promote respect and value for a greener environment among your family members, neighbours, friends, and the wider community.
All successful completions will receive a recognition certificate and will be eligible to enter a prize draw on 5th June 2021.
- All activities are considered Covid safe and are considered inclusive for all
- Any member of the community are welcome to participate (Rotarians and non-Rotarians)
- Between 22nd March and 5th June - every two weeks - you will need to submit an activity completion form via: http://bit.ly/D1260Form
- It is possible to include more than one individual on each submission form - if so, you will be required to include all names and activities
- If a Rotarian participant is unable to complete an online form, they will be required to report their completion to their club secretary or a nominated person in the club (all club secretaries/nominated persons will be asked to forward any completions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Late entries are permitted - however, in order to receive a completion certificate at the end, you must complete a total of 6 activities (from the list - or your own ideas)
- All successful completions will receive certificates and will be eligible to enter our prize draw
- You agree to complete all activities in accordance with our terms and conditions
- Winners will be announced on 5th June 2021
Contact Dr Mohammad Alramahi about this page: