Rotary Young Environmentalist Competition 2021
A competition to encourage young people to address environmental issues and explore solutions. This year's theme is 'Climate Change / Carbon Reduction'
STOP PRESS - CLOSING DATE EXTENDED TO 8 MARCH 2021
The Rotary Young Environmentalist Competition is part of a national competition promoted by Rotary International in Great Britain and Ireland (RotaryGBI). Local Cambridge winners are entered in a District heat, whose winners go forward to a national competition.
Aims and Objectives
The competition aims to encourage young people to:
- interact with the environment
- address serious environmental issues
- develop and explore solutions
- investigate, research and undertake an environmental sustainability project
The competition is open to individuals, all schools and college communities and those who are home educated, along with any other young people's community organisations, for example, Scout Groups, Girl Guides.
There are three age groups:
- Junior 7 to 10 years old*
- Intermediate 11 to 13 years old*
- Senior 14 to 17 years old*
* on 31 August 2020
There are two categories in the competition:
- Individual entry open to all categories, Junior, Intermediate and Senior
- Group entry (maximum of four participants) open to Junior and Intermediate categories only
CLOSING DATE: 8 March 2021