Rotary Club of Chesham Privacy Statement
The Rotary Club of Chesham promises to respect the confidentiality of any personal data members or supporters share with us.
ROTARY CLUB OF CHESHAM
The Rotary Club of Chesham promises to respect the confidentiality of any personal data members or supporters share with us, or that we have access to through Rotary International (RI), and keep it safe, and we will take every opportunity to protect your privacy.
Rotary prides itself on its openness and honesty and will always try to be clear about how, when and why we collect and process your information; we assure you that we never do anything with your details that you would not reasonably expect. Developing a better understanding of our members and supporters is crucial and your personal data allows us to manage membership more effectively.
We collect information in the following ways:
1. When you give it to us directly.
2. When you give it to us indirectly.
3. Via social media
4. Via publicly available information.
What we may collect:
2. Contact Details.
3. Date of Birth.
4. Bank and Card Details.
5. Details of enquiry.
How we may use your data:
1. Administer your membership or donation including processing Gift Aid.
2. Provide you with the service or information you require.
3. Provide information to RI, Rotary GB&I: other Rotary Clubs and District 1260 for their general activities including Disclosure and Barring Checks.
4. Communicating organisational messages and information to members, District and club officers.
5. Facilitate Conference, Training, meetings and other special event planning.
6. Preparation of Rotary Membership Lists.
7. To present our website and its contents to you and allow participation in interactive features.
8. Keep a record of your relationship with us.
9. In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
10. For any other purpose with your consent.
We do not collect any personal information on members or supports classified as ‘sensitive’ under GDPR.
We will never sell, use or share your personal data for purposes other than 1-10 above.
We will ensure that there are appropriate physical and technical controls in place to protect the integrity of personal data. Confidential paper records are stored securely; and all confidential waste paper is shredded.
We will only keep your information for as long as we need to provide appropriate services for you.
Individual members are responsible for keeping their own personal data up to date and have access to the Rotary GB&I Data Management System (DMS) and ‘My Rotary’ on the Rotary GB&I Website for this purpose.
The GDPR gives you certain rights and are shown below in a brief form. Full details are available on the Information Commissioners Website.
1. You have the right to be informed when your personal data is collected, what is collected and how it will be used.
2. You have the right to access your personal data.
3. You have the right to have incorrect data corrected.
4. If you are unhappy with the way we have processed your personal data you have the right to complain to the Office of the Information Commissioner.
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. Members will be notified of any necessary changes.